September Prayer Calendar (Wallpaper)
English PDF Chinese PDF
December Discipleship Training
January Bible Camp
Christian Witness Center Home Page =======================================================================================================================================
約有七十五位弟兄姐妹參加了八月讀經營。保羅書信是十分難懂的書卷 (就連彼得也在彼得後書三章15-16節如此表示) ，但是神卻把這些經文向我們解開。許多弟兄姐妹因著更深的明白其中重要的真理，並知道如何將之應用在生活中而得著造就。學員中有些是已信主很久的基督徒，但更有許多是剛信主不久，甚至是信主還不到一年的弟兄姐妹。感謝神，不論是那一類，他們都帶著預備好的功課前來參加。讀經營結束前，已經有許多弟兄姐妹把2014年一月讀經營的報名表填好交來了。他們將開始準備研讀「普通書信」。請為他們代禱。
八月門徒訓練結束一個星期後，就在新學年正要開學之前，四十一位由東、西兩岸五個教會所差派的弟兄姐妹來到美中短宣。八月十六至廿五日短宣隊辛勞地分別前往了密蘇里州的Columbia, Rolla, Fulton, Joplin, Maryville, Kirksville, Springfield； 伊利諾州的Decatur, Springfield, Carbondale；內布拉斯加州的Lincoln；愛荷華州的Ames, Iowa City, Cedar Falls, Davenport；堪薩斯州的Emporia, Manhattan, Hays, Wichita；肯塔基州的Murray及阿肯色州的Jonesboro。短宣隊在各地的福音工作，使新、舊學生都得以聽到救恩的好消息，當中也有許多人打開心門接受耶穌做為他們個人的救主。神的話是信實的，羅馬書十章15節說：「… 報福音、傳喜信的人，他們的腳蹤何等佳美。」我們為這些忠心又火熱的短宣隊成員們向神獻上感謝，也求主使用當地的教會對那些剛信主的弟兄姐妹繼續做跟進栽培的工作，使他們在主裡成長。
緊接著勞工節之後，另外三個教會將差派短宣隊來到美中。基督工人中心的同工們將與他們配搭前往離密蘇里州更遠的各地教會：密西西比州的Starkville, Oxford；阿拉巴馬州的Mobile, Auburn；肯塔基州的Murray；阿肯色州的Little Rock, Fayetteville；奧克拉荷馬州的Durant, Edmond；田納西州的Memphis以及德州的Longview, Tyler, Nacogdoches。請為他們的行程代禱。求神在這趟長途宣教中賜給他們力量，並祈求聖靈在所要探訪的校園中帶出復興。
- 冬令會將於十二月廿一至廿五日再度在密蘇里州堪薩斯城的Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center舉行。講員將有：陳世協牧師(新加坡神學院院長)、林永健牧師(福遍中國教會牧者) 、 劉同蘇牧師(山景城中國基督教會牧者) 、郝萬以嘉師母(紐約信心教會) ，及美中各地的牧者等等。冬令會是以傳福音和造就聖徒為主的聚會。網上報名時間為十一月中開始至十二月十五日下午四時正嚴格截止。更多資訊將於十月張貼上網。您現在就可以開始預留時間並邀請更多未信主的朋友來參加聚會。
- 十二月門徒訓練營將在冬令會結束後，於十二月廿五至廿九日在基督工人中心的營地(Warsaw, MO)舉行。報名嚴格截止時間為十二月十六日晚上十一點五十九分。講員為陳世協牧師及郝萬以嘉師母。
- 一月讀經營將於十二月卅至2014年一月四日在基督工人中心的營地(Warsaw, MO)舉行。嚴格報名截止日期為十一月十日。講員有李玉惠姐妹和蘇桂村牧師。這次我們將研讀普通書信。報名表與進度表均已張貼上網。
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Sorry for missing the August prayer letter. We are extremely busy due to the Bible Camp, Discipleship Trainings and the coordination of the short-term mission teams. CWC coworkers are working hard for the upcoming school year for the Kingdom of God. Please pray for us. Here I will share what the Lord has done through CWC in the past month.
August Bible Camp
About 75 people attended the August Bible Camp. Although the epistles of Paul are very difficult—Apostle Peter said that in 2 Peter 3:15-16—God opened these epistles to many brothers and sisters. These students were edified by gaining better knowledge of important doctrines, and by knowing how to apply this understanding to their daily lives. Some of them are long-time Christians. Many are new Christians or have believed in the Lord less than a year. Thanks be to God, regardless of experience, they all came with well-prepared homework. Before they departed from the Bible Camp, many of them already turned in their 2014 January Bible Camp applications. They are preparing to study the General Epistles. Please pray for them.
August Discipleship Training Camp
About 75 people attended the August Discipleship Camp. Our speakers Brother Jeremiah Cuo and Pastor Kuang-Fu Yang shared many Bible teachings to help us build up the Christian’s character. They unfolded how to serve the Lord in our churches and Bible Study Groups. The attendees went back with enthusiastic hearts. We pray the Lord will keep using them in the new semester on their campuses, as His light and salt.
August Short-Term Missions
One week after our August Discipleship Training, just before the start of the new semester, 41 brothers and sisters from five churches of the east coast and west coast came to the Midwest as short-term missionaries. From August 16 to 25 they worked hard at Columbia, Rolla, Fulton, Joplin, Maryville, Kirksville, Springfield, (Missouri), Decatur, Springfield, Carbondale, (Illinois), Lincoln, (Nebraska), Ames, Iowa City, Cedar Falls, Davenport (Iowa), Emporia, Manhattan, Hays, Wichita, (Kansas), Murray (Kentucky), and Jonesboro (Arkansas). This work let many new and old students hear the Good News. Many opened their hearts and accepted Jesus as their personal Savior. God’s Word is faithful: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news,” as Romans 10:15 says. We thank God for these faithful and fervent mission team members. We also pray the Lord then to use all the local churches to continue follow-up with all the new believers, that they can grow in the Lord.
September Short-Term Missions
Right after Labor Day, three more churches will send mission teams here. CWC coworkers will lead them to churches much further from Missouri. Please keep praying for them while they are sent out to Mississippi (Starkville, Oxford), Alabama (Mobile, Auburn), Kentucky (Murray) , Arkansas (Little Rock, Fayetteville), Oklahoma (Durant, Edmond), Tennessee (Memphis) and Texas (Longview, Tyler, Nacogdoches). Pray that God will give them strength for such long journeys. Pray that the Holy Spirit will send revival to all these campuses.
Upcoming Meetings in the Winter
- Winter Conference will be held again in Kansas City, Missouri at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center from December 21 to 25. Pastor Albert Ting (Principal of Singapore Bible College), Pastor Brian Lam (Pastor of Fort Bent Community Church ), Pastor Tong Su Liu (Mountain View Chinese Christian Church ), Mrs. Rose Hao (Pastor John Hao’s wife from New York, NY. ), local pastors, and others will speak. Winter conference aims for evangelism and edification for the saints. The online registration will start from mid-November to December 15, 4:00 pm, a strict due date and time. More details will be posted on the web in October. Please start to reserve the time for this Conference and also invite nonbelievers to come.
- December Discipleship Training Camp will be held at CWC at Warsaw, MO from December 25 to 29 right after the Winter Conference. The strict due date is 11:59 pm of December 16. Rev. Ting and Mrs. Hao are the speakers.
- January Bible Camp: will also be held at CWC at Warsaw, MO. from December 30, 2013 to January 4, 2014. The strict due date is November 10, 2013. Our speakers will be Sister Grace Lee and Pastor David Su. This time we will study the General Epistles. The application form and the progress sheet have been posted on the web.
Please pray for all these meetings that the Lord will help us grow together spiritually. All the information will be gradually posted on our web: www.cwcnet.org. Please continue keep an eye on them.
New Dormitory Construction
The new $10,000 air conditioning and heating system was installed in the basement last week. Thanks to the August Mission teams to help paint the walls of the basement. The September mission teams will continue the final painting. Currently the two builders are working on the ceiling. We pray the 10 sleeping rooms of the basement can be done in two months and the outside siding will be done in another month before the cold winter arrives. In the past few months the offerings for this building project slowed. Thanks for continuing to remember our construction needs, so that we can have enough rooms for the meetings in the winter.
We thank you for your prayers and financial support. May our Lord bless you and your families abundantly.
Serving together in Him,
Back to Christian Witness Center Home Page
and sent an e-mail with the subject: unsubscribe
To read more information about CWC, please click here